Want to learn more? Complete this form, email Samantha@CartoonCollections.com or call 646.787.0651.
It’s time we reimagine how teams engage.
However you’re meeting these days, online or off, humor can be a positive force for promoting discussion and dialogue across any distance.
We want to help you foster collaboration in a fun way, encouraging laughter as you work towards achieving your goals…
Enter the Cartoonathon!
A Cartoonathon is a live, virtual event in which our talented and insightful New Yorker cartoonists work together with your team or audience to brainstorm and co-create cartoons in a candid, productive, fun exchange of ideas. Why cartoons? Because humor is a positive force to help promote meaningful discussion, dialogue, and engagement.
How it all works
We work with you to design an interactive session that provokes lively conversation on topics central to your goals.
During the live event, cartoonists listen in and draw on the insights and points of friction they hear just below the surface. The artists then present their rough cartoon drafts, and your team is invited to discuss, collaborate, and laugh with each other and the artists.
Participants then offer their suggestions for improving the cartoons and, by association, your goals. This fun and interactive process helps introduce new perspectives, innovative thinking, and breakthrough ideas.
How can YOU benefit from a Cartoonathon?
- When interspersed throughout a day-long conference, bite-sized Cartoonathon activities can enliven and refresh your team’s focus.
- Used as a stand-alone 90-120min session, they can help your team brainstorm new opportunities or solve old problems.
- Cartoonathons can help bring together people from different teams or offices to establish common ground that improves future collaborations.
- After months of working remotely, a Cartoonathon can provide a fun way to share a laugh, breaking the tension of the ongoing COVID ‘new normal.’
- Cartoonathons are a great low-stress way to encourage teams to air points of friction and overcome problems that are hard to address head-on. Humor enables difficult conversations better than any other medium.
- Do you have a press event to stage? We have staged public Cartoonathons to celebrate book launches and promote press releases. Ask us for more details.
Sample of Cartoonathon cartoon results
Wondering if this approach would work for your team?
Look at these testimonials from past Cartoonathon clients:
– International Committee of the Red Cross
– The World Bank
– Green Climate Fund
– Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center
– Red Cross Climate Centre
– Haileybury InstituteLearn More about Cartoonathons:- Cartoonathons: How to Use Humor to Drive Insights
– Case Study: Harnessing Humor to enable difficult conversations
– Case Study: Atlantic Council Heatwave Coalition
The resulting Cartoonathon cartoons were liberally used through our presentations and they really made our points super clear. So big thanks!!!! We will be sure to keep using the cartoons to remind everyone why we need to move and move fast.” — World Bank Romania’s School Safety Project
Brilliant conversation that is more honest than we’ve heard about the real challenges. Great energy. I want to do this in all my workshops.” — World Bank and Afghan Government Cartoonathon
I’m getting a lot of very positive feedback. Colleagues are describing this as the best training event EVER, that they have attended in their careers at the Bank.” — Charlotte Vuyiswa McClain-Nhlapo, World Bank
Really fantastic, I would say the highlight of my work week.” –International Federation of the Red Cross Cartoonathon on the challenge of working during COVID
Get in touch with us, and we can create a custom Cartoonathon for your team today!
Complete the form above, email Samantha@CartoonCollections.com or call 646.787.0651.