NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
This is your chance to write a caption for a cartoon image drawn by a well known professional cartoonist. CartoonStock will post a cartoon on its site. Each new cartoon is a new Contest. You submit the caption and our staff judges it to select the winner.
Each week the Contest opens on Tuesday at 11:55 P.M. EST when a new caption-less cartoon is posted and each Contest ends on the Tuesday night 7 days later at 11:55 P.M. EST.
To Enter. To enter simply visit blog.cartoonstock.com and fill out the entry form on the Web Link with your caption. Fill in your caption, email address and name. You may enter up to 3 times.
Entries. Entrants represent and warrant that their cartoon caption is their original work, that it has not been copied from any other person and that their caption does not violate any other rights of any person or entity. By entering the Contest, entrants grant the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable license without compensation to reproduce, publish and use their caption entry, regardless of whether it is the winning entry or not, throughout the world in any form, media or format.
- Selection of the Winners. Every week the judges will select one winner from the entries for the preceeding week. Sponsor may use crowdsourcing and other techniques to winnow the entries to the best ones. The final decision will be made by the judges selected by the Sponsor. Captions will be evaluated according to their humor, originality, creativity and appropriateness. The judges’ decision is final in all matters related to the Contest. Each winner will be notified at the email address used for the entry. In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules and requirements by the person selected as the winner, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. A purchase of any kind from the Sponsor or from any third party will not improve the odds of winning. Entrants acknowledge that other people may have submitted a similar or identical caption for a particular cartoon. If there are multiple entries with the same caption, the entry received first will be selected as the winner.
- The Prize. Each winner’s caption will be displayed with the cartoon on Blog.CartoonStock.com, and he or she will be acknowledged as the winner.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to all people in all countries where available. The Contest is not available where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) and persons living in the same household of such persons (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win.
- General. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, all entrants, including the winner, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death that may occur in connection with or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this promotion in any way shall be disqualified. By accepting the win, the winner consents to the use of his or her name and city and state of residence for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further consideration or payment. Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, which must be returned to Sponsor within 10 days from the date it was sent or another winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest should a virus, computer bug, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds in its sole discretion to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website.
- Choice of law. Any dispute arising or connected with this Contest shall be governed by the law of the state of New York, applicable to agreements made and performed in New York. By entering, entrant agrees that any dispute will be resolved individually in the applicable federal or state courts located in New York, NY, and entrants agrees not to resort to a class action. Any judgments or awards entered as a result of such disputes shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages, excluding attorneys’ fees, and shall not include any indirect, punitive or consequential damages.
- Technical Stuff. Sponsor and its affiliated parties are not responsible for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the entry will be declared to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating.
- Mailings and Privacy. Names, email and physical addresses of entrants may be added to Sponsor’s regular mail and email mailing lists and used by Sponsor for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. If an entrant wishes to have their name removed from such lists, they may do so by sending a request to that effect to Sponsor.
- Winner’s List. Winners first and last names as they choose to enter it will be published on the Blog.CartoonStock.com website.
- Sponsor. Cartoon Collections LLC, 10 Grand Central, New York, NY 10017